Hot chocolate is a kid’s first guilty pleasure and parents love it as well, even if they won’t admit it in front of their children ( don’t worry, your secret shall be safe with me)… For all the sweet tooth out there, It’s Hot Chocolate O’clock!
So, as we, my sister and I, were having fun at the kitchen. She suggested that we should organize a sort of a Friday girls night in ( winter edition)… Which means, a couple of movies, a blanket and a hot drink. Of course, we wouldn’t have settled with a regular hot chocolate because both of us are FOODIES and we want to send our energy and insulin levels crazy!
This is how the almond hot chocolate idea came out, it combines the crunchiness of almonds, the sweetness of caramel and the tenderness of condensed milk. This unique recipe might turn into a real ritual and thanks to its rich intense flavor, one sip could be a killer.
So if you are a chocolate addict and love nothing more than drowning into a dreamy cup of hot chocolate to warm colder nights and adding a magical touch to a normal life, you might want to check out this -easy peasy- recipe!
Thus, I have to warn you that it might be addictive… But if you’re feeling extra decadent, add a splash of heavy cream or ice cream to it just before serving…
- 2 cup Milk
- 1 tbs Flaked almonds and chopped walnuts
- 1tbs Sugar
- 1 tbs Dark Chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tsp Raw cocoa powder
- Nestlé condensed milk ( 1/2 can)
- 1 tsp Vanilla sugar
- Cinnamon ( optional)
- Heat the sugar in a frying pan over a low heat it has melted. When the caramel has turned golden-brown, carefully pour over the almonds and nuts to coat and leave to cool.
- Place Nestlé condensed milk, dark chocolate chips, vanilla, cocoa powder into a medium sauce pan. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Gradually add the milk without boiling it. When it’s ready, pur it into cups and garnish with caramilized nuts and cinnamon.