I remember the first time I’ve ever eaten sweet caramelized popcorns. It was at a supermarket in Casablanca, shoping sounded less boring thanks to the feeling of pure joy after eating those sweet little things!
Everytime, it left my mouth feeling like I just licked a spoon of honey! ( I adore honey :3 ) I just can’t stop eating it; it’s another addiction to add to my long list of addictions strating with chocolate…
Anyway, It’s been a while since I have not tasted it, and so I’ve decided to try making it on my own!
Let’s get started!!
- For the popcorn:
3 tbs vegetables oil
1/3 cup pop corn kernels
- For the caramel:
2 to 3 tbs sugar
2 tbs honey
pinch of salt
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Put 3 or 4 pop corn kernels in the pan, cover and wait until they pop up. Then add the rest of kernels.
- Cover and remove from the heat! In 30 seconds, all the kernels will pop up.
- Start making the caramel, melt the butter, add sugar and honey and let it cook on fire until it gets golden brown.
- When ready, carefully pour the hot mixture over the popcorns.