Summer is finally here and if you are looking for a tasty breakfast for your lazy morning, you definitely have to give this simple and most effective American fluffy pancakes recipe a go!
They are so quick and easy to make but the most exciting part is that the possibilities to decorate them are endless!!
- 150g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 225ml milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 knob of butter (melted)
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add egg, milk and melted butter and whisk until the ingredients are blended and smooth (I like to use a hand mixer to save time)
- Let the batter stand for fifteen minutes to thicken
- Preheat the pan over a medium flame (use a pancake friendly pan to make sure it won’t stick or you can lightly grease frying pan with butter or oil)
- Using a ladle, spoon the mixture into the pan and try to steadily pour the batter in the same spot to ensure round shaped pancakes
- Cook until bubbles appear (it takes about one to two minutes)
- Use a plastic spatula to flip the pancake and continue cooking until the second side is lightly brown and you are done and ready to get creative with decorating!
- You can fill and top your pancakes as your heart desires. For me, I’ve gone fruits crazy. I spread a little bit of whipped cream and Nutella between each layer and filled with my favorites fruits (kiwi, banana, strawberries and frozen blueberries). Then I topped with more whipped cream and a handful of fruits and a great dusting of icing sugar.