Ratatouille is one of my favorite movies ( though it won’t outshine ”spirited away” from studio Gibly!) It made me fall in love with cooking and creating new plates based on regular ingredients.
The traditional Ratatouille is made with cubed veggies ( eggplants, peppers, tomatoes; zuchinis and onions). This is, actually, the disney version of Ratatouille: the deconstructed one!
Prep: 30 min Cooking: 45 min
Ingredients: (For 4 )
- 3 medium eggplants
- 3 big zuchinis
- 6 big tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 medium onions
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbs Thyme
- 1 tbs rosemary
- Salt & pepper
Preheat the oven at 180°C
- First, roast the peppers and peel them.
- To make the sauce, brown the diced onions in 1 tbs of olive oil and add the diced roasted peppers. Season it with salt, pepper, thyme and garlic clove .
- When it’s tender add 3 diced peeled tomatoes and let it cook for 15 min.
- Using a blender, combine the mixture until having a thick sauce then spread it into the buttom of the oven dish!
- Slice the veggies into rounds ( eggplants, 3 tomatoes, zuchini).
- Arrange alternating slices of the veggies til reaching the center.
- Drizzle with Thyme and rosemary.
Cook for 45 min!