Maakouda is one of my favorite Moroccan dishes. It means ‘’ thick’’ which is referring to its tick texture! These potato fritters is often prepared plain but you can stuff it with practically anything. For this recipe I’m making some stuffed Maakouda with Surimi!
- 4 potatoes
- 1 egg
- Surimi sticks
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt& pepper
- Flour for coating
- Place the potatoes in a pot. Cover with salted water and boil just until a sharp knife can be inserted halfway through the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes with a fork and let them chill, add the eggs, garlic, coriander, cumin, salt & pepper.
- Flatten some of the mixture with your palm.
- Place a surimi stick, close the patty from all sides so that the surimi goes in the middle.
- Preheat the oil on 190 C and fry the maakoudas sticks!
- Remove from heat when it’s golden brown.