My dad brought again some figs and I truly can’t get enough of them. I mean can you beleive that one year ago I used to hate figs? Neither do I! I just started to figure out ways to make figs eatable and it’s working perfectly…
This figs chicken roll is my own recipe! It got thetaste0flife’s signature which is using easy ingredients and making salty and sweet combos. This is basically chicken with a caramelized figs and onions filling.
The whole family gives this recipe an easy A+!
- 4 figs
- 1 small onion
- 2 chicken fillets (breast)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp butter
- cream cheese ( or kiri)
- Pinch of salt & black pepper
- First, you’ll have to start caramelizing the onion and the figs. So bring your pan, add sugar, butter,chopped onions and sliced figs. Season it with salt, pepper and cinnamon Then Cover it and let it cook on low heat for 10-13 minutes!
- Place the chicken fillet side down on top of a long sheet of plastic wrap season it and spread the cream cheese on the chicken fillet then inlay the filling.
- Grab ends of plastic wrap and form the roulade into a tight cylinder. Roll the roulade while still holding the plastic wrap ends then carefully tie off both ends.
- Poach in water (82ºC) for 18 minutes.
- Chill the roll, cut it and serve cold or preheat to serve hot!