The first september rain has fallen in Morocco, it’s time to kiss the summer goodbye and use the last fresh peppers from the backyard in a typical moroccan Salad!
If you enjoy intense flavours then this one is for you, it got a strong acid and fresh flavours all seasoned with moroccan spices! Restaurants in Morocco serve it as an appetizer, so if you have visited my country before, you probably might have fallen in love with this salad…
Foodies, If you miss staying in Morocco, this is your chance to taste Moroccan flavours again as if you were here! If not this would be your appetizer for Moroccan food and maybe a reason to come and visit us.
- 4 bell peppers
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbs Vinegar
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Some prefer using lemon juice instead of vinegar…So if you’re not much a vinegar lover don’t hesitate to use lemon juice, it’s more natural.
- If you don’t have black pepper use 1 1/2 tsp of white pepper, black pepper got a stronger flavour than white pepper.
- Slice all the veggies into cubes, chop the coriander;
- Make the dressing by mixing the olive oil, vinegar and spices…
- Dress the vegetables and check the seasoning.
- Put it in the refrigerator for 30 min, at least, before serving.