I’m really happy to share with you this special moroccan recipe, we call this “ghriba bahla”.
- Ghriba= mysterious
- Bahla = silly
I’m not really sure why are we calling it this way but the legend says that this Moroccan cookie was first introduced by people from Andalusia who fled the region to come and settle down in Morocco…So it was a “Ghriba” new thing ! As for the “habla” part; it’s due to the cracks on the cookie, somehow they saw a smile on its face… If you see it too let me know on the comments below.
Anyway these moroccan almond cookies are so crumbly. Perfect with a glass of moroccan mint tea or simply milk!!
- 500 g Flour
- 125 g butter
- 175 g sugar
- 125 ml oil
- 45 g toasted sesame seeds
- 75 g toasted almonds
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 7 g baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/350˚F.
- Use a blender to mix sugar, add almonds then blend again.
- Now combine all ingredients then add the mixture into it; keep working the dough.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap, let it rest for 2 hours.
- Form little dough balls and place on a baking sheet!
- Bake for 15 minutes.