Hey, I hope that you’re doing fine ( at least better than I do)… It’s been a while that I didn’t post a new recipe, SORRY!!!I have to be honest with you, studies got me like CRAZY! and sometimes you start questioning yourself if it is the life you’re seeking… I mean, are we supposed to suffer while studying? Not being able to eat? being stressed out all the time and not having a single minute for ourselves? If it is not the case then I might be living in the wrong side…
Anyway, here I am happy to share with you this amazing and easy recipe for a special food battle… So I’ve been asked to participate in this challenge by Mahmoud; the main theme would be “CHOCOLATE“, this guilty pleasure that you can’t resist! I’ll be glad to join the following bloggers on this food battle:
I can’t wait to see your recipes guys !!
The wise cook would go for something predictable, but if you were as crazy as I am… Being bizarre would be a MUST! What if I tried a new sort of recipe that combines your favorite dessert with your number one snack?
CHOCOLATE + POPCORN
The salty-sweet thing is always such a good call. And you know what’s better than caramelized popcorn? Double chocolate caramelized popcorn!! It sounds absolutely weird… But it’s whopping great! I mean can you imagine a combo of sweet white chocolate with bitter dark chocolate on top of a layer of honeyed caramel… No wonder these taste so amazing!
Without those small kernels of corn exploded by heat, movies aren’t worth watching. Get cozy for a Saturday night of movies and popcorn at home! However NOT ANY popcorn… These are the best you’ll ever taste! You’ve got my word!
Meet the outlandish, astonishing recipe that will soon be an audience favorite!
- 3 tbs vegetables oil
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- White chocolate
- Dark chocolate
- 25g butter
- 2 to 3 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs honey
- pinch of salt
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Put 3 or 4 popcorn kernels in the pan, cover and wait until they pop up. Then add the rest of kernels.
- Cover and remove from the heat! In 30 seconds, all the kernels will pop up.
- Start making the caramel, melt the butter, add sugar and honey and let it cook on fire until it gets golden brown.
- Carefully pour the hot mixture over the popcorns.
- Let it chill, meanwhile melt the dark chocolate and the white chocolate separately in the microwave or over simmering water (a bain marie). Be careful, not to burn the chocolate if you’re using microwave…
- When ready, pour the dark chocolate then the white chocolate over the caramelized popcorn.
- Let it chill for 2 hours or more, if you can’t wait longer so expect to get your hands dirty with chocolate!