Each one of us used to hate veggies but there was always that certain veggie that we hated the most. As for me I had pumpkin-phobia, I’ve never EVER hated pumpkin more than I did few years ago when…
… My family and I were invited for Ftour during Ramadan and so we were supposed to have pumpkin soup served with fried fish. First, as a pumpking+fish hater I wasn’t really enjoying the idea and started to make up excuses. But, I was all rumbly in my tumbly besides my mom was like : ” You better eat that, for your own sake!” ( Well, the look on her eyes said enough, you can’t fool around with moms). I drunk the flavorless soup all at once, it was so far the worst experience I’ve ever had with food…
But I grew up to surpass my phobia and pumpkin soup happened to be one of the first soups I ever made; a perfect pumpkin soup rich in flavors takes no time and nothing but spices and love.
Warm up with this fall’s signature that suits all seasons! The nutmeg brings a strong aroma that you can smell before trying it. When I first made the soup, I remember having that “love from first sight” moment; I mean who wouldn’t fall in love with a soup that looks so creamy, so warm, smells like heaven and above all: it has many benefits !
Did you know that pumpkins are a solid source of the essential nutrient; they keep Eyesight Sharp, aid weight lost, may reduce cancer risks and boost the immune system!! All in one package! So what are you waiting for foodies?
1 Kg pupmpkin ( the star of the recipe)
1 Big potato ( ot 2 small ones)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Black pepper
30 g of butter
- First of all, melt butter over low heat(don’t forget, butter burns faster than oil). Add the chopped onion and garlic then wait until it gets translucid ( Let’s say cook it for about 10 min)
- Add cubed pumpkin, season it with salt and pepper . ( stir occasionaly)
- Let it cook on low heat, wait for 15 minutes then add the cubed potato and carrot .
- Grate the nutmeg and wait for another 20 minutes until everything gets tender. (add water if necessary)
- When ready, grab you blender and let it do the work for you!