What I love the most about beetroot is its color; THE super power that can incredibly transform everything it touches into a work of art! The pink mutation is the perfect illustration of “la vie en rose”, Edith Piaf must have been singing about beetroot all the time!! This purplish-red root somehow manages to make everything marvelous, it has a rustic side, a deep earthy flavor and a fresh colorful look!
The ruby red perfection is a bless, imagine all you can do with such a simple yet rich veggie!! It helps detoxifies the body, beats constipation and boosts brain powers… After all a super food will surely make of you a super man!
A long time myth speaks about the benefits of beetroot; it says that beetroots treat anemia, the close to red color replaces the lost blood… Well, it is such a crazy way to reason but there is an unspoken truth behind the myth itself. You see, beetroot is loaded with iron which helps the formation of haemagglutinin ( Part of the blood that transports Oxygen)… Thus beetroot helps recovering from anemia!
I enjoyed so much making and shooting this incredible soup, it got me inspired and the results were fantastic! So many followers have been requesting good and nutritious recipes while on a budget; I’ve been a student myself, so I know exactly the strugle! This beetroot soup isn’t only good looking but economic too since it’s a veggie of the season…
Beetroot might be enough but if you’re looking for complex and rich experience you’ll love this recipe. Potatoes add a tender texture to the soup and goat cheese takes the freshness of beetroot into a whole level.
Beetroot easily cooks up in a variety of ways. Witness the greatness of beetroot with this all in one soup with goat cheese! Don’t forget to like and share the article if you loved it.
- 4 Beetroots
- 1 Potatoe
- 1 Onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbs or 2 goat cheese (or greek yogurt)
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper ( optional thym)
- Steam or boil beetroots and the potato… Steaming preserves its valuable nutrients while boiling is a fast way to cook!
- In a pan; heat 1 tbs olive oil in a pan and sweat the onion until soft.
- When beetroots and potato are tender: peel,cube and add it to the onion with another 1 tbs of olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper ( and thym). Cook it for 5 min. Adjust seasoning to taste
- Transfer to a blender and process until completely smooth. you might also add some goat cheese or greek yogurt for taste.