I have tried everything, from cooking to baking and I have recently expressed the willingness to try roasting! We do not own a roasting machine at our place so I chose to learn how to grill …
It all started when my dad brought back some doves after his recent hunting trip; I should mention that I once took part of a similar trip and tried shooting ( Don’t worry, the only target was a bird-less tree). So the usual ritual was to cook doves to serve it with “Rfissa”; a Moroccan meat (chicken or dove), onion, and lentil dish which is served atop a bed of shredded bread, msemen, or trid… It’s something that is rare to find in restaurants menus (Still don’t know why…).
Anyway, I tried to go for something new inspired from French cuisine: a sweet sauce based on orange juice and rosemary!! I know, it’s terrific! Wait to read the recipe…. A piece of cake!
- 2 doves
- 1 tbs Honey
- 2 oranges
- Orange zests
- 1 1/2 tsp Rosemary
- Salt & pepper
- Start by preparing the grill. Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients (except doves) to prepare the glaze.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer (cooks food gently and slowly on low heat) until the sauce thickens. (15 min or so)
- When the grill is ready, place the doves on the grill, breast up and spoon the sauce on top.
- Cover and grill for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve with rice and the rest of the glaze.