Tricking your brain to eat healthy food is hard, but once you master the basics to do so… It becomes a fun game!
We all have been involved in a situation in which our brain is claiming food high in sugar, fat or salt; Maybe an intensive desire to eat ice cream, french fries or chips. Most of us have fought and struggled so hard to stay away from their phones avoiding a late midnight delivery… And some of us were violently obliged to eat veggies when they were a kid, dragging up bad memories associated with veggies.
But the truth is you don’t need to force yourself to eat healthy food, but rather be convinced by the following facts:
- Food cravings last 3 to 5 minutes, studies say!
- Staying up at night makes you want to eat more… More effort, more food!
- There’s a good chance that at least a few of your childhood memories never actually happened!
So, knowing these facts how are you going to deal with it?
- keep yourself busy, whenever you feel like having a snack loaded with sugar… You’ll forget the feeling few seconds later…
- Be an early bird rather than a night owl! But if falling asleep early doesn’t come easy for you, try taking a warm bath or develop a pre-bed routine.
- Shake off your memories, press restart… Explore food the way you like it, add your favorite spices to your least favorite vedgetable and never be afraid to cook for yourself ( that way you won’t be able to refuse your handmade food).
If someone told me before that I would be drinking smoothies without added sugar, then I would have naver taken it seriously! But look at me now…
I am going to share with you one of my biggest secrets to fool my brain… The trick to beat your mind when it comes to sweet flavors is to simply replace sugar with other substitutes:
- Honey: Higher in fructose (more sweet) than glucose. You can use a smaller amount of honey without sacrificing sweetness.
- Maple Syrup: It is a 100% natural sweetener!
- Dried fruits powder ( figs+ dates)
- Fresh fruits!
NB: These ingredients can result in weight gain if overused.
You might also mix flavors to elaborate a unique taste to cover the lack of sweetness… Add your favorite spice and enjoy! A hint of cinnamon, unsweetned cocoa or a drizzle of coconut powder might be enough to make it up for you.
Check out this beetroot smoothie to start your healthy food-life:
- Orange juice
- Dried figs
Just mix it all and enjoy!